22 month old toddler development
Asses your 22 month old toddler's growth development from physical characteristics to visual & motor development along with social and emotional behaviors.
By the end of the twenty-second month, your toddler will probably:
Mental Development of 22 month old child
- Echo words said to her
- Start to understand more complicated requests
- Understand major differences, but not minor differences, in size of objects
- Frequently ask "what's that?"
- Start to remember events in recent past and anticipate future happenings
Visual Development of 22 month old child
- Be able to match familiar shapes
Growth of 22 month old child
- Weigh about 11.7 kg (girl) or about 12.4 kg (boy)
- Be about 84 cm in height (girl) or about 85.5 cm in height (boy)
Motor Development of 22 month old child
- Have developed good use of hands and fingers
- Be able to combine 2 or 3 simple body movements without significant practice
- Build tower of 4 blocks
- Put lids on containers and take them off
Social and Emotional Development of 22 month old child
- Resist going to bed
- Like to do things for herself
- Chatter to herself while daydreaming as a way to process her experiences
Toddler Development Tracker details are provided to give indications on the expected changes during different months, however, these changes varies from child to child and the mother needs to consult her child's doctor, if she has any concerns.